Friday, March 28, 2008

Slim Shots Phony or Not?

While working on my English work, I had the t.v. on and a commercial about a product called Slim Shots came on which is supposed appetite controller. The product also claims to help keep the feeling of being full to prevent from eating more frequently. The slim shot is literally the size of a shot, if not less. I have not seen the product in person, but from advertisements online and from t.v. it looks identical to the size of the single creamer containers that you would find at Denny's. From the slim shots website the ingredients for the shot are natural oat, palm oil, and vanilla flavor. I have not tried the product myself, but if I were hungry and were to take the "Slim Shot", I cannot imagine from taking the "shot" that it would if at all curb my appetite. The website does not have any positive stories from anyone who has taken the product and who is willing to put there name behind and help endorse it. But the site does contain studies which have been done that claim that the product has positive effects. With all the advertisements for weight loss out there, its hard to tell which products work and which dont and if it is really worth the money.

2 comments:

Oscar said...

I don't see how that list of ingredients would cause any hunger control. If it actually works, my guess is that it is caused by the placebo effect so you've tricked your mind into thinking you're full. I would also probably examine the study they did because if they performed the study then they were out to prove something.

Kitty said...

What wiil they think of next, but the diet industry alawys want to make money. the sad thing is there are those who will believe it.