Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Broadway Anyone?

For anyone who is like me and loves broadway, you can feel my pain when I say that I was not able to get tickets to see Chicago this past weekend! I was so upset, but luckily I have seen it before and if anyone gets an opportunity to see it, I highly recommend it. But off the subject of tragedies of my life, tonight as I was watching American Idol tonight (Yes, I am one of the geeks that watches the show) they were performing songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber. If you do not know who Andrew Webber is, I suggest you go back to living under your rock. Andrew Webber and Tim Rice have collaborated to create some of the most memorable and most successful broadway shows EVER! Andrew Webber has composed 13 musicals, his awards include seven Tony Awards, three Grammy Awards, and Oscar, two International Emmys, seven Olivier Awards, a Golden Globe, and the Kennedy Center Honors. His most popular musicals include the Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Andrew Webber has created great musical's with great songs and is without a doubt the best composer of our time, and is still continuing to make music. For those of you who are interested in Webber plays you will be glad to hear that there are some coming to El Paso soon. Luckily Chicago is coming back April 26th and 27th. Cats will be performing at NMSU on the 27th of April. I will definitely be at one of the Chicago shows, so hope to see you there, and if you are not a musical fan, I urge you to give it a shot and go see a play. If you did not like it, at least you can always say you gave it a shot, but Webber musicals are awesome!




2 comments:

Oscar said...

Yay Phantom. That is my all-time favorite musical by Webber. I think that the musical is actually better than the book. I've never gotten a chance to actually see it performed but one of my aunts has seen it in San Fransisco, Denver and New York. She even has a mask autographed by Michael Crawford.

Just a little side note but I thought that The Sound of Music was composed by Rodgers and Hammerstein.

I didn't even know that Chicago was in town. I definitely want to go see it.

Brandi Henderson said...

No you are right, The Sound of Music was composed by Rodgers and Hammerstein, mistake on my part! Thank you for the correction!